Strategic Partnership in Adult Migrant Education: Perspectives from Mediterranean and Baltic Sea Regions (MEDBALT)
Migration has been increasing dramatically over the last decades. People usually are forced to migrate hoping to find a better quality of life or opportunities. The issue though is whether the host country has an effective migration policy for integration that addresses to their needs.
Access to education is certainly considered one of migrants’ basic needs. So far, in many European countries, emphasis is given on migrants’ children education. Nevertheless, adult migrant education policies are restricted or even absent as in Lithuania.
As a consequence, the aim of the project Strategic Partnership in Adult Migrant Education: Perspectives from Mediterranean and Baltic Sea Regions is to prepare a methodology for the adult migrants’ education based on good practices implemented in each participating country.
- to develop a case study on the adult migrants’ integration and education in each in the project participating country
- to prepare political recommendations in the field of migrants’ education for integration
- study the good practices in adult migrants’ education
- analysis of the methodology of adult migrants education and integration programmes
- preparation of the education methodology
- recommendations for the programmes and infrastructure for the integration of adult migrants
- final project conference to present the results
Lithuania, Diversity Development Group
- Spain, Uninersidad de Salamanca
- Italy, Tamat Centro Studi Formazione e Ricerca
- Cyprus, Centre for Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology LTD
- Malta, Koperazzjoni Internazzjonali
- Poland, Fundacja Osrodek Badan nad Migracjami
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
[Project Number: 2014-1-LT01-KA204-000643]